• Patch 3.09 has been released with the E3A3 Battle Pass
• Major change is the Classic Nerf: significantly reduced accurcy when moving
• Minor tweaks and bug fixed
As usual, with the release of the Episode 3 Act 3 Battle Pass and the new agent Chamber being released, we also have the 3.09 patch update. It’s a small patch but a significant one, with a massive Classic nerf that will have a high impact on pistol rounds. Apart from this the changes are small, with a few tweaks to fracture and some other minor bugs.
The change is a simple but significant one: significantly reduced accuracy with any movement. Jumping, running or walking while shooting will each come with a more noticable accuracy penalty, making dynamic firing less predictable at mid-long range, forcing players to either consider the Classic a close-range weapon, or more precisely control thier movements.
“The Classic has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters when used while jumping or on the move. So we’ve reduced the weapon’s effective accuracy while jumping, running, and walking, with the intent of narrowing it’s ideal use case to only really close ranges.”
- Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
- Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
- Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
Fracture sees someminor balancing changes, with an orb moved to be less beneficial for attackers, and a few small site tweaks to further balance site control/defence.
- The B Arcade attacker barrier is shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
- Defender barrier at A Rope moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
- A Hall orb shifted into more neutral space, making it less favorable for attackers
- New piece of cover in Attacker spawn added to break the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
• Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it’s lowered.
– Similarly, fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
• Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly
• Smoother Ropes/Ziplines
– Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
• One path for all traffic into game servers
– For those of you particular to a preferred server, you may notice a previously preferred location is no longer there. Don’t worry, we simply consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one—we did not remove any servers.